Be a Gung-Ho! Volunteer
Would you love to play your part in making Gung-Ho! a great event?
Well here’s your chance. Gung-Ho! is looking for enthusiastic, fun loving volunteers to help give our runners a truly fantastic day at our 2018 events.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME AS A GUNG-HO! VOLUNTEER?
Depending on which day shift you volunteer, there are several roles and jobs to fulfill including:
- Lifting and assisting with the inflatable obstacles.
- Setting up the event space gazebos, flags and barriers.
- Stewarding the obstacles and run route.
- Litter picking.
- Helping registration and bag check.
- Helping the Gung-Ho! crew with the de-rig.
Friday volunteers will be required to work 9am – 5pm and will help in the setting up of the obstacles and the event space.
Saturday volunteers will be required to work 8am – 4pm and will help fulfill various roles throughout the event day.
Gung-Ho! is looking for local photographers to put their camera skills to use at our 2018 events.
Are you looking for experience and to add to your portfolio? Or are you a seasoned professional simply wanting to come and enjoy the atmosphere of a Gung-Ho! event?
Your day will start at 8am and end when our runners finish the last wave at approximately 3-4pm. You will need to provide your own camera equipment and will be required to photograph our fun loving runners throughout the course. Be creative and have fun catching the runners in various poses around the 5k obstacle route.
After the event, you will be required to upload the pictures and send them to us for use on our website and social media accounts. You will of course be credited for your photographs.
WHAT DO I GET AS A VOLUNTEER?
- ALL volunteers receive a t-shirt, headband, lunch and free parking if needed.
- Friday shift volunteers also receive one free Gung-Ho! ticket to use themselves or give to a friend or family member to use on the Saturday in the 10am wave run.
- Saturday shift and photography volunteers also receive one free Gung-Ho! ticket to use at a different Gung-Ho! event location in the 10am wave run.
- As well as all of the above, you will also have a great time volunteering at the best, most fun 5k event in the world!!!